Friday, January 27, 2012

One Love! Jamaican Jerk Swai, Squid, and Shrimp

In an effort to rid our freezer of the 15 bags of squid that Matt bought (and continues to buy because he thinks if he continues buying it, Walmart will continue stocking it) I found a way to incorporate it into the swai dish I was already making.  If anyone needs squid, $5/bag... come on over!  We had made Jerk Chicken and Italian Chicken over the weekend, so I had Jerk Marinade leftover and decided to use it on swai. Yum.

Jerk Marinade

1 cup Vinegar
1/4 cup Lime Juice
3 tbsp Jerk Seasoning (I think it was McCormick)
1/4 cup Water (it calls for Oil, but I just use Chicken Stock or Water)
1 tsp Chicken Bouillon Paste (from Sam's - MSG-free)
1 tbsp Crushed Habanero Powder (or red pepper flakes)
1 tbsp Hot Sauce (I used a Caribbean flavored hot sauce)

This is good on chicken, fish, shrimp, steak, probably pork.  Jerk is just yummy.

Jerk Swai, Squid, and Shrimp


Thaw everything.  Drain.  Sprinkle with garlic powder.  I layered swai on bottom, then put the squid rings on top, and then placed the shrimp in the squid rings.  Poured the marinade over (i think it completely covered the swai, but not the squid/shrimp - just made sure I coated everything good when I poured it on) and baked at 450 degrees for 20 minutes or so, uncovered. 

The picture is kind of bland looking, but it had a kick and was delicious!

Just Keep Tasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment