Friday, February 24, 2012

Salad with Fruit - How dare you?!

In the past year or so, I've discovered that I love fruit on a regular salad (thanks to Matt's mom, Bobbie... she made a delicious salad of spring greens with cranberries and sliced red grapes with a simple dressing - heaven!).  Since then I have experimented with grapes ... and then apples... and my most recent experiment was with strawberries.  What a payoff! 

I started with a mix of spring greens, red onion, bacon, cucumber, feta, and sliced almonds and then added sliced up strawberries.  A sprinkle of garlic powder, a pinch of kosher salt, and  2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.  A refreshing and tasty salad. 

Plus it's beautiful:


Another instance of Just Keep Tasting because you just don't know what you will like!  (I'm still working to get Matt on board with the fruit in salad concept... he still just picks around it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment